Inversion in conditional type 3 when omitting if
سلام و خسته نباشید در فصل ششم (Grammar for Writing، جلسه اول (Inversion)، دقیقه 04:05 تا 04:40 گفتید که میشه if clause رو با main clause عوض کرد و همچنان حالت reduction شده‌ی شرطی رو داشت. تا اینجاش درسته. اما بنظرم دیگه نمیشه به حالت inversion باشه. چون اینورژن برای ابتدای جمله است و وقتی ما میایم if clause رو وسط جمله میاریم دیگه نمیشه اینورژن هم بکنیم. تا جایی هم که تو کتاب های گرامر و اینترنت دیدم هیچکس اینکارو نمیکنه. ممنون میشم اگه توضیح بدید.
کیارش فرج زاده
18:16 1398/05/11
مرتب سازی بر اساس: زمان ارسال امتیاز
Master this advanced English trick! Hi! Apparently, you have studied not so advanced books and material and/or you don’t have much exposure to native speakers. That’s normal among students to have questions like this. Here, I can’t attach any pictures of the books I have that include if clause inversion the way I talked about, unfortunately! In many grammar books, simple ideas are mentioned. I refer you to many TOEFL TPOs (both reading and listening) in which this very structure is being used repeatedly… and that’s important to know that even in the inversion grammar, the clauses will change and that makes it difficult for a non-native student to comprehend the ideas! (since they can’t see any comma between two clauses!) so please pay more attention to TPOs if you don’t have much time! but if you are interested in the English language, read novels and storybooks (best sellers) to get this invaluable structures because many things can’t be found in grammar books! Also, we have 4 types of inversions! You actually mistake negative adverbs inversion for if-clause inversions which are totally different from each other! I wish I could attach some of the screenshots of the books with this structure that is shocking to you.
مهسا شمس
استاد دوره
04:20 1398/05/13
Hello and thanks for your kind answer, Actually, this structure sounds good to my ears, but I wanted to double-check as I couldn't find it in grammar books. I know the situation about uploading pictures, so could you at least give me one solid example from this structure on the Internet? And I would be thankful if you provide me the name and page number of the book you mentioned.
کیارش فرج زاده
12:34 1398/05/13
HI there are lots of speeches, novels, storybooks and the like for that... Use these websites TO FIND PHRASES IN MOVIES, SPEECHES, TV SERIES, ETC. : playphrase.me youglish.com and as I said: TOEFL TPOs! search what you want and you get everything which is not available in the books! can we find everything about Farsi grammar in the Farsi grammar books?! all the exceptions? of course not! examples of not only: the Big Bang Theory: Good, because not only has that ship sailed, if it hit an iceberg, countless men would perish. TPO reading: In such creatures, not only are the teeth hugely enlarged and/or the jaws elongated but the size of the mouth opening may be greatly increased by making the jaw articulations so flexible that they can be effectively dislocated. Obama's speech: As we've seen in recent weeks, not only have we been... examples of conditional sentence reduction: GRAMMAR BOOK "COMMUNICATE WHAT YOU MEAN: CHAPTER 7: CONDITIONAL SENTENCES: PAGE 232: WE WOULD HAVE GONE FOR A WALK HAD IT NOT BEEN SO COLD. **communicate what you mean is a great advanced book! William Fisher: 1: Ironically this standard, had it been in place in the late 1970s,... 2: would have purchased the film had it been priced... 10/12/16: White House Press Briefing: could have been a lot worse had it been people with Indian Slavery: An Unspoken History because we would not be here had it been just up to me... SWP Scholarship Lecture: I did for him what I would have done for myself had it been me. At the edge of the world - Episode 18: Christianity and suffering: ...had any resonance on this side of the Atlantic, had it been announced by... ****dalile estefade kamtar az inversion ine k sakht & kamtar ghablele fahme... dar speech haye politician ha, article ha, ketab ha bishtar dide mishe...it is for a purpose (like formality) books like: me before you (novel): , and I was in the box room, which was small enough to make you feel claustrophobic should you sit in it for more than half an hour at a time. ***remember that in every file (either online or paper) it has been written the conditional part can be reduced! in no file can you see that you can't change the order of the result and the main clause! :) look beyond the basic books! why don't you check the tutorial videos on YouTube?! ****what i did here was way more than my duty. You are responsible for your learning and search. good luck!
مهسا شمس
استاد دوره
13:33 1398/05/23